how many accounts can i follow on instagram per day
Instagram Following Limits: How Many Accounts Can You Follow Per Day?
Instagram is a popular social media platform that allows users to share photos and videos with their followers. While it provides a great way to connect with others and discover new content, there are certain limitations to prevent excessive activity and maintain the platform’s integrity. One such limitation is the number of accounts you can follow per day.
Instagram Following Limits
Instagram has implemented following limits to prevent spamming, excessive following, and maintain a healthy user experience. These limits are necessary to combat bots, fake accounts, and inappropriate behavior.
As of the latest update, Instagram allows users to follow up to 7,500 accounts in total. However, there are additional limitations on the number of accounts you can follow per day.
For newly created accounts or accounts with very few followers, the following limit is more restrictive. In general, new accounts are allowed to follow around 20 to 40 accounts per day. As your account grows and gains more followers, Instagram gradually increases the following limit.
Once your account is established and has a significant number of followers, you can follow up to 200 accounts per day. This limit is put in place to prevent spamming and ensure that users engage with content that genuinely interests them.
Factors Affecting Following Limits
Several factors can influence the following limits on Instagram. These include:
- Account Age: Newly created accounts have more restrictive following limits compared to older accounts.
- Follower-to-Following Ratio: Accounts with a balanced follower-to-following ratio have higher following limits.
- Account Activity: Consistent engagement with content, posting regularly, and building a genuine following can increase your following limit.
- Account Restrictions: If your account has received warnings or has violated Instagram’s community guidelines, it may have lower following limits.
Instagram following limits are in place to ensure that the platform remains a safe and enjoyable experience for all users. By setting these restrictions, Instagram aims to prevent spamming, fake accounts, and inappropriate behavior. Understanding these limits can help you manage your account effectively and engage with content that interests you.
1. Can I exceed the following limits?
No, Instagram strictly enforces the following limits to maintain the integrity of the platform. Exceeding these limits can result in temporary or permanent account restrictions.
2. How often do the following limits change?
Instagram regularly updates its algorithms and policies, so following limits may change over time. It is always recommended to keep an eye on Instagram’s official announcements for the latest updates.
3. Can I request Instagram to increase my following limits?
No, Instagram does not provide an option to request an increase in following limits. The limits are automatically adjusted based on various factors, including account age, activity, and followers.
4. Can following too many accounts in a short time result in a ban?
Yes, if you exceed the following limits or engage in suspicious activity, Instagram can temporarily or permanently disable your account. It is important to abide by the platform’s guidelines to avoid such consequences.
5. How can I increase my following limit?
Building a genuine following, consistently engaging with content, and adhering to Instagram’s guidelines can gradually increase your following limit. It is essential to maintain a healthy follower-to-following ratio and avoid any suspicious or spammy behavior.